8 Reasons Why Regular Roof Inspection is Important
When you own a home, there are things that constantly need checking. Much like your body and your car, it's important to make sure everything is working the way it should. Your roof is one of the major components of your home that needs to be functioning properly at all times. Issues with your roof can cause a handful of other problems throughout your entire home. Due to this, roof inspection in Marietta is extremely important for many different reasons.
- Weathering and Aging: Many roofing companies will tell you that your roof should typically last you 15-20 years, while a low-slope roof should last you approximately 20 to 30 years. Throughout these years, your roof is going to experience its fair share of weather and aging. Think about it, when it rains, snows, or hails, your roof is the first line in defending your home. The effects of these things are usually noticeable. A regular roof inspection can determine whether or not the areas affected by weather need immediate attention or are aging normally.
- Storm Damage: As mentioned above, weather takes a toll on your roof. During or after a rough storm, your roof may be damaged drastically. High winds, hail, and other weather events can seriously affect your roof. Tree branches landing on your roof from a storm can cause damage that should be fixed immediately and water can cause leakages. Your roof should be inspected soon after any harsh storm.
- Routine Maintenance Damage: When people perform maintenance on your air conditioners, damage can occur on your roof. Your roof is not protected from damage in any way. Sometimes the repair man can fail to close an access panel on your roof, and this will cause weather damage over time. Maintenance trades usually forget to clean up the debris once they are done with their task. This debris can linger and become dangerous flying objects during high winds. A regular roof inspection will prevent these dangers from happening.
- Checking for Leaks: Making sure that your roof doesn't have any leaks is an important job of the roof inspector. If your roof has any leaks, your interior walls and ceilings can become damaged and moldy.
- Damage from Drainage: You need to have your drainage properly checked on your roof. Standing water on your roof can increase the likelihood of water damage to your roof's inner structure and interior walls. If water is not draining properly, chances are good you'll get a leak in your ceiling.
- Vegetation Damage: If your gutters and slopes are not regularly cleaned, plants can actually start to grow on your roof. Birds also create nests on your roof. You want to have these removed as soon as possible.
- Check for Improvements: A regular roof inspection will find any improvements that your roof currently needs or will need in the near future.